Gooey and soft with a tiny bit of crunch, sweet and flavoursome with a pinch of salt, nutty but with a big hit of chocolate. The perfect balance of flavours and textures all in one Bliss Ball! Once I nailed this recipe I honestly could not stop making them! They are so extremely easy to make with only a few simple ingredients being pantry staples, and only requires a food processor or blender and your hands. I put them in jars for my friends and family, tied a ribbon around them and added a pretty name tag. Who wouldn’t love to receive a jar full of Chocolate Peanut Butter goodness! They are the perfect addition to your dessert spread for any occasion (especially around this festive season) because the flavour combination is drooled over by everyone. Enjoy these fudgy bite-sized nuggets of pure choc-peanut goodness, because I can assure you, they will not last long.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BLISS BALLS
Makes: 22 (bite-sized)
- 1 Cup Medjool Dates
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Optional: Crushed Peanuts
- Start by blending the pecans in the food processor until it resembles a fine crumble.
- Remove the pits from the dates, chop them up and add them to the food processor.
- Add all remaining ingredients besides the cacao nibs and crushed peanuts.
- Once the mixture is combined, check if it is sticky enough to be formed into balls. If not, add an extra tbsp of water or maple syrup.
- Add cacao nibs and pulse until they are evenly distributed.
- Roll into desired sized balls (I like to make them bite-sized).
- Finally roll the balls into the crushed peanuts to create a crunchy outer shell.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week, or freezer for months!
For a full recipe tutorial on ho to make this bliss balls check out my “CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BLISS BALLS” recipe video on YouTube. Link Below.