You read correctly. I have finally perfected the cookie. But not just any cookie, the Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie, vegan and gluten free. Prepare yourself as you bite through the lightly crisp outer shell and reach a soft, fudgy, centre. You may be lucky enough to strike a burst of pure gold, otherwise known as a chunk of gooey, rich chocolate chip. But wait, what was that? Peanut butter up in your grill? Yes, you tasted correctly. May your tastebuds go into cookie heaven, a place that clears your mind and refocuses your attention to the joys in everyday life. After many experiments, tests and trails with this recipe, many cookies have been eaten and many have been shared. I can now safely and confidently call myself the cookie expert. Enjoy this cookie… they will not last long.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Makes 8 cookies
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I use Brown Rice Flour or Cassava Flour)
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup 100% Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I use Loving Earth chocolate chopped into pieces)
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Large Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl create your chia egg: Mix the chia seeds with 4tbsp of water. Leave for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Should form a gooey, egg-like consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cacao, salt, baking powder).
- In a smaller bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut oil, chia egg).
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix with a spoon until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and leave for 5 minutes.
- Using your hands, roll the cookie dough into 8 balls and place them onto the baking tray.
- Press them down with your hands to form a cookie shape.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for a week.