You had me at peanut butter… Soft, crunchy, sweet, nutty, chocolatey, I make these nuggets of gold bite-size for the main reason of eating more of them! I keep my Snickers Nuggets locked away in the freezer, but somehow they seem to always disappear when my family comes to visit. You have been warned, hide them, or else they will disappear!
Makes approximately 30 small, bite-size balls
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup pitted Medjool Dates
- 2 Tbsp 100% Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 Tsp Chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 Cup Buckinis (or chopped almonds/ peanuts)
(*double the ingredients to make the chocolate coating extra thick!*)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1/4 Cup Cacao Powder
- 1/8 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Start by placing the almond meal, chia seeds, vanilla powder and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Now add the medjool dates, peanut butter and rice malt syrup. Process until it forms a soft crumble that can be formed into balls.
- Add the buckinis to the food processor and pulse until they are evenly distributed throughout the mix.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into bite-size balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set. Meanwhile, make the chocolate.
- Using a whisk, mix all the chocolate ingredients together in a medium sized bowl until well combined. Should be very runny.
- Place the chocolate mix in the fridge only for a few minutes so it becomes slightly thicker (optional).
- Grab the bite-size balls out of the freezer and coat them with the chocolate.
- Place the Snickers Nuggets back in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Allow to defrost for a few minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for months!