It is Christmas time! You know what that means… Ginger bread! So I have sneakily made this holiday treat less naughty and more nice. These Ginger Bread Bites remind me of when I was younger, making ginger bread men and always pinching pieces of the raw dough. The aroma and taste of the warming spices instantly evokes feelings of Christmas. Combining these scents and flavours into yummy, fudgy bliss balls leaves everyone in Christmas cheer! Treat yourself the right way this holiday season by adding these delicious Ginger Bread Bites to your Christmas spread.
GINGER BREAD BITES
- 1 Cup Raw Walnuts
- 1 Cup Medjool Dates pitted
- ½ Tsp Vanilla powder
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- Place walnuts in the food processer and blitz until fine.
- Add all other dry ingredients and pulse a couple times just so combined.
- Add medjool dates, tahini and maple syrup and blitz until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week (freezer for months).
CASHEW COCONUT ICING
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours)
- ¼ Cup melted Coconut Oil
- ¼ Cup Coconut Cream
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Rinse and drain the soaked cashews.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until you reach a smooth consistency, scraping down the sides occasionally. This may take a few minutes.
- Drizzle or coat the mixture over the Bites.
- To achieve a neater, more even finish: Place the icing mixture into a zip-lock bag, zip it up, snip a little whole in one corner and squeeze out the icing over the Bites.