With the excitement of summer and the lowering prices of mangos, my fridge began over flowing with fruit and too many mangos to know what to do with! That meant adding these delicious, fresh, summer fruits to everything. So I came up with this amazing flavour combination of sweet fruit, fresh, fragrant herbs and a tang of citrus from the lime, all in one big salad. I find this Rainbow Summer Salad to be so light and refreshing, perfect for the warming weather and making me feel so good, inside and out! Not only does the variety of textures and flavour make this dish super satisfying, but having every colour served up in a big bowl is so aesthetically pleasing, it just satisfies you looking at it. You sure do eat with your eyes, and this salad containing all the colours of the rainbow is sure to make you feel good as it does for me. Enjoy feeling fresh, bright and happy over the summer with this big bowl of deliciousness!
RAINBOW SUMMER SALAD
- 1/2 Packet (approx. 225g) Kelp Noodles
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 of a Red Capsicum
- 1 Small Mango
- 1/8 of a Purple Cabbage
- 1 Handful Fresh Mint roughly chopped
- 2 Handfuls mixed Leafy Greens
- 1 Small handful Raw Almonds roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Nectar
- 1 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Juice from 1/2 a Lime
- Rinse and drain kelp noodles and set aside on paper towel to dry. Cut them 2-3 times with scissors to create shorter lengths of noodles.
- Julienne cut the carrot, capsicum and mango (skin and seed removed) into long thin strips and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the purple cabbage and add to bowl.
- Add the mint, leafy greens and kelp noodles to the mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss everything until well combined. The longer you leave it to sit, the softer the vegetables will get.
- Transfer into serving bowls and top with almonds and sesame seeds.
- Optional toppings: Extra lime and fresh mint.