The acai berry is full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants, more than regular berries! With minerals including potassium, manganese, copper, iron, and magnesium, it has the potential to prevent diseases, as well as conditions related to aging. Containing high levels of important fatty acids, the acai berry has also been said to help prevent conditions such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Did I forget to mention that this superfood berry is absolutely delicious! With a rich berry flavour similar to blackberries, adding acai to drinks and smoothies is perfect when wanting that fruity, berry taste. An Acai Bowl is made up predominantly of frozen fruits. This creates a thick, smooth, smoothie base which is very much like a berry sorbet or ice cream. You can have fun with adding lots of different toppings to create more textures and flavours. Sorbet for breakfast? I think so!
- 1 Packet Frozen acai puree
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1/2 Cup Frozen mango
- 1/4 Cup Frozen blueberries
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Coconut water
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Fresh fruits and granola for topping (Pictured: strawberries, blueberries, coconut, chocolate granola)
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid to assist blending if needed.
- Poor into a bowl and top with your favourite fruits, granolas, spreads, and/ or nuts and seeds.