When it comes to pasta sauces, this one is my favourite. This sauce is so rich in flavour and taste that is makes the simplest of meals a sensation. What is the secret? Using sun-dried tomatoes. Sun-dried tomatoes are much stronger in flavour than fresh tomatoes, and since they are dried, they keep longer in the fridge, as well as giving the sauce an awesome thick texture.
You can use this sauce in your favourite pasta, zucchini noodles, salads, on pizza, or even as a dip. Perfect cold or warm. With only a few ingredients this is an easy condiment to whip up once a week and store in the fridge for a quick go to addition to your meals. Easy, healthy, homemade pasta sauce! Why buy store bought sauce? This one tastes better!
- 2 Cups Sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water for 20 mins (save the soaking water)
- 2 Fresh tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1 Cup Water (use water from soaking tomatoes)
- 2 Tbsp Honey (or alternative sweetener, eg. coconut nectar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until everything is relatively smooth and well combined. May need to scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Add water if needed to assist in blending, or for your preferred consistency.
- Transfer to a jar or container.
- Store in the fridge for a week.